Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Loving God

My doctors appointment last week was uneventful. They drew blood to check my FSH and TSH levels. I've since started on "the pill" (to shut down my ovaries so all the follicles can start from the "same" place) and an antibiotic. I go back in 2 weeks for a baseline ultrasound. Then I'll get my instructions for the injections. In the meantime, all my meds that I had to order have arrived. All I have to do for the time being is fill out some paperwork and make the financial arrangements (ugh). I'm feeling pretty good other than some headaches (which I think may be because I tried to stop my allergy med, so I'm going to wait a bit and try that again).

I've been doing a Beth Moore study this fall. The video this past week was on loving God. Beth reminded us that we have to receive God's love in order to be capable of loving Him (or anyone else). We are that fallen in our sin nature; we cannot conjure up true agape love on our own. Humbling, isn't it? We try to do it all in our own strength. She encouraged us to notice God pouring his love out to us this week. She talked about how we should be saying, "I love you, too." And I have been saying that a lot. I love Him, too. And I feel so thankful.

3 comments:

  1. I love that thought about true agape love. Sounds like a good study. :)

    Glad to hear that things are progressing with this cycle, though I'm sure you're ready for some of these steps to be behind you.

    Much love, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love Beth Moore studies!! They always speak to me when I need them to!!!

    Sending you lots of love each day and especially with this upcoming cycle. You always have an ear here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have been thinking of you...glad I got to read this update...

    Love Beth Moore. Thank you for sharing how we should tell God we love Him, too. That is a great way to start my morning.

    Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete