Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lamentations 3

Sitting in church on Sunday, I was reminded of Lamentations 3 yet again. Jen Weber Sinclair read this scripture to us and then sang a song she wrote based upon it...

19
I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

Here are chorus lyrics to the song she wrote:

Oh, You are my portion and my cup.
Oh, You've promised today to be enough.

This is the cry of my soul... today He has promised to be enough. I feel like I've spent so much time searching for His peace over all this. Finally, I feel it - it is my oxygen.

I was driving into the City yesterday for my appointment and I was listening to one of my favorite movie soundtracks, Elizabethtown. There is a song on that album that has nothing to do with the Lord, yet I was amazed how it reflected my heart toward Him right now. It goes like this:

All the nights and wasted time
trying to get my head to change its mind
all the talk of what it could be
when it never was

There are some things I can hardly say
You've got me feeling a brand new way
Please don't let this be summerlong
Please don't let this be summerlong
Cuz I want to stay... I want to stay...

Summer Long by Kathleen Edwards

God is in everything... even the things we purposely try to shut him out of because it hurts so much.

Oh, yes, the appointment. When I walked into the exam room, I noticed the previous patient's ultrasound image was still on screen. It must have been her graduation day, because there was a beautiful little peanut there on the screen. Just like Michael was way back then. I smiled and felt in my heart... oh, I want to see that once again. Oh, Lord, let me see that again.

I had determined before the appointment to really push my doctor to tell me what the backup plan is. What if...??? Jason had asked that question in an earlier appointment and I wasn't completely satisfied with the answer. Those that know me know that pushing anyone to do anything is not really my strongsuit... especially doctors that don't like to be questioned. God is so faithful; before I could ask the first tentative question, my doctor went into great detail about how well I'd done over the past few months with all the weight loss and how he feels certain there will be no issue with being able to access the ovaries. He showed me their positions on the ultrasound and how easy they should be to get to. That is a huge relief to me. Everything looks like it should, so I went home with 4 more days of dosing instructions.

Next appointment is Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more good news....you are so good--I'm the one who insists on the back-up for the back-up plan before we ever even start the original plan!!! And I'm not even barely tentative about it!!!

    Praying, praying, praying still and breathing in His oxygen with you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great your dr was pleased!! Praying that you get to see that little image soon.

    ReplyDelete