Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 10.

Happy 4th of July everyone! I pray that yall all have a blessed day! We took Michael to a local festival yesterday and we had such a great time. He got to go to the petting zoo and to play on a bunch of toddler-sized inflatables. Last night, Jason and I sat out on our deck and watched several fireworks shows. It was so nice. Today we are planning on trying out J's new ice cream maker (his Father's Day gift).

The Technical: I had an appointment this morning with Dr. S. They took more blood (they took it out of my hand today - ouch!). They also did an ultrasound. I have about 6 that are large enough to be contenders. The leader is 19, then there are some 15s, and a 14 and a 13. Lining was looking good at 12. Dr. S said the 19 is getting a little on the large side, so we can't stim too much longer. He hopes they will all be mature for retrieval but he warned me one or two might not quite get there. So, the plan is for me to stim + ganirelix tonight and then induce ovulation with Ovidrel tomorrow night. So, only 4 more injections at home! Egg retrieval surgery is scheduled Wednesday morning (with Dr. A, he'll be back in the office) - very, very, very early. Praying that my babysitter can be convinced to be up at 6 am... I plan to bribe her with caramel frappacinos...

I wish we had more to work with, but we've worked with this scenario before and God is in control. It only takes one. As I was going over all my instructions and paperwork (more on that tomorrow), the calendar day that said "Pregnancy Test" took my breath away when I saw it. Stick me with needles, do surgery on me, whatever... I can cope. Pregnancy tests are scary to me.

Jason is excited. My nurse was very excited. I'm trying to get excited. I'm numb. I'm thinking a good cry is in my future. Too many emotions and hormones and no outlet. I tried to pose with Michael for some photos this morning because we were both dressed in our red, white, and blue. They turned out HORRIBLE. I look HORRIBLE; Michael is adorable of course.

I can't finish up this post without mentioning a dear friend who had a devastating loss yesterday, her 19 week old son. You are in my prayers, my sweet sister in Christ! My heart is so heavy for you. You are much loved, and I wish I could do more for you.

One more thing to add, the lyrics to Selah's Press On

When the mountain is steep
when the valley is deep
when the body is weary
when we stumble and fall
When the choices are hard
when we're battered and scarred
when we've spent our resource
when we've given our all
In Jesus' name we press on
In Jesus' name we press on
dear lord, with the prize
clear before our eyes
we find the strength to press on

No comments:

Post a Comment